Communication is the transfer of information from the sender to the receiver with the information being understood by both the sender and receiver. The word is said to have derived from the word ‘communis’ meaning common. It is essentially a bridge of meaning between people. Communication is to inform, tell, show and spread information. This is a technique by which the management is successful in getting the job done. Effective communication skills are essential for building rapport with everyone you meet. It is required to create an understanding in the mind of others, involving a systematic and continuous process of telling, listening and understanding. Now, how could you build rapport with people? Let’s check out a few tips and benefits on effective communication skills training in this regard:
- Sharing Information Clearly– Communication is the means by which activities are unified. If an organization has to operate as an integrated whole, then all employees should be well informed of the ultimate objectives and expectations from individuals for the realization of the objectives. You should exchange information freely, avoiding misunderstandings and removing it. Make your staff knowledgeable about the problems as well as the enterprise policies. Remember that communication of information is the basic necessity which acts as a tool for formulation of policy, monitoring and supervision. In an organizational context, the leaders can perform outstandingly only if they have the ability to communicate ideas as well as information clearly to juniors. An effective communication can cement an organization and can even disrupt it. This is a mechanism through which an output is produced. Even if communication is not visible, its impact and spirit are visible indirectly while a company acquires reputation on account of good communication skills.
- Empathetic Speaking – Nowadays, businesses are built on the basis of personal rapport and the market image of the businessman. The products, technologies and the markets are same everywhere because they could be acquired by anybody. The machines, techniques and procedures for developing them are also same everywhere. They could be acquired at reasonable costs around the globe. However, markets and the business success belong to only those few who have good relations with their markets. Empathy is the magic formula which builds rapport with people, building a strong business image. You should speak empathetically with people for effective communication which gives an edge over your competitors. Effective and positive communication builds your image and the image leads you to prosperity.
- Removing Noise & Barriers in Communication – Unfortunately, communicated is affected by noise which is an external element that hinders communication. A noisy or confined environment may hinder the development of a clear thought. This could be because of faulty encoding. Transmission may be interrupted on telephone lines. Inadequate reception may be caused by the lack of attention. Decoding can be faulty or the receiver might be prejudiced against the sender. Hence, efforts should be made for removing noise in communication. There could be two types of noise – physical and mental. The physical noise could be due to bad handwriting or due to faulty telecommunication line. The mental noise could be due to a state of mental instability of the sender or the receiver due to any social, economic, personal or psychological reason. Moreover, it is important to get rid of barriers to communication. Whenever communication is stopped or delayed, it becomes ineffective. The factors delaying or tempering communication are called barriers. You should eliminate barriers for having an effective communication that can lead to good rapport with everyone you meet. The barriers may be personal barriers, semantic barriers, and barriers arising from corporate climate, organizational structure barriers and technical barriers. All these should be eliminated for the sake of healthy and effective communication.
In addition, for building an effective communication and building rapport with everyone you meet, you should be alert to the needs and aspirations of your customers, suppliers, shareholders, employees, press, government regulations and concerns of the community. Keeping these in mind will ultimately help you to advertise products and services for the knowledge of customers. Always inform your customers or masses connected to your organization about the changes in the products and product lines. Providing sturdy image of organization in the media will help shareholders to maintain faith in your company and the new investors will also be persuaded to invest. You can choose an effective communication skill training program and build a good public image at large. Giving a neat and clean image of organization to the government and bureaucracy will ultimately help to minimize financial and legal obstructions. Furthermore, a human-oriented image will be formed in the minds of the masses.
If you are fond of storytelling and public speaking, you have to improve your communication skills and public speaking in order to be a good storyteller. You have to understand how the communication action is taking place. This will help you to build the foundation of effective communication in your mind. Remember that communication process involves the sender who transmits message through a selected channel to the receiver. You must closely examine the communication process with clear demarcation of parameters that can influence readers and that cannot be influenced by readers. Keep in mind that some parameters can be controlled by you and some others cannot be controlled by you. if you want to improve your communication skills and public speaking with storytelling training, you should be acquainted with the communication process. Let’s check out in this regard some of the tips for improving communication skills and public speaking with storytelling training:
- Proper transmission of Information – As a storyteller and public speaker, you should know that information is crucial for your audience. You should transmit information in the right way. The information in story-telling is non-personal in nature. You must sort out information in a useful way in your story. Remember that language and data are the main parts of the information. Convey information in proper way to convince your audience. Think of the best way of convincing readers through your story. Consider the age, class, and education, social, economic and cultural factors that dominate the living style of your target audience. Readers often try to perceive information according to their mental set-up, background, tensions and habits. If required, make a research on the psychology of your audience before communicating your message. Pay heed to the information you are conveying which passes through the reader’s or listener’s brain conditioned by his background. Remember that the information gets a color or tinge of background when it is ultimately ready to be taken to the next step.
- Effective message coding – It is also important to code your message effectively as a story teller. The message or the idea is to be put in a tangible form. As you are preparing to encode message, you should consider the knowledge level of the receiver and his mental makeup, social background, financial capabilities (if it is a business message), living conditions as well as other vital characteristics pertaining to the receiver.
- Minimizing communication barriers – Story telling communication could be affected by noise. A confined environment may hinder the development of a clear thought. Your encoding can be faulty. Decoding can also be faulty or the readers might be prejudiced against the storyteller. Hence, you must communicate your messages in tune with the mind-set of your target audience. Furthermore, you should try to get rid of semantic barriers. The words must be carefully chosen by the storyteller or the public speaker. This is simply because a word can carry hundreds of meaning depending upon the situation. The semantic barriers can arise due to the differences in meanings which the people attach to the different words. Remember that the meanings of the words are not in the words, they are with us. A poor choice of words or their confused meanings can distort communication. These can be subdivided into word interpretations, language translations, signs and symbols and cue meanings. Barriers may also arise due to the lack of proper direction in your story or speaking. Never use words or sentences that can be misinterpreted. Stay away from exposing yourself to criticism and reprisal. Communication should not be in a manner that makes audience feel that a conspiracy is hatched against them. It is also important to refrain from insincerity and low confidence. Your storytelling should not be superficial and your message should be trustworthy.
Moreover, the structure of your story should be clear. Your communication should have the responsibility and authority. If the communication channels are not clear, your storytelling would be ineffective and harmful. As a storyteller it is important that you should know when and where to convey the right message. Weigh up these simple considerations and be a successful story-teller and public speaker. You can always improve your communication skills and public speaking capability by opting for storytelling training from the best institute. Get the best story telling training and let your readers and listeners get the hang of your true story and real message. Your message should be conveyed in such a way so that the readers can visualize the basic idea behind the message keeping in mind the role of the storyteller and the public speaker as well as their knowledge, experience and authority.
Are you finding it difficult to imply time management skills in your workplace? You need not worry, as there are time management books that can be relied upon to free yourself from feelings of overwhelming exhaustions and state of rush. Many of us do not even have the time to spend on effective time management strategies. It is because we feel it is nothing else but loss of time. Time management books contain simple and quick tips to make you efficient in workplace and ensure perfect balance between your personal and professional life.
People have the habit of looking into some of the best time management books and planners, but hardly use them for deriving optimum results. So, no matter how good tools and planners you arrange, you need to consistently use them and perform the assigned tasks in timely manner.
Your brain is the master planner that stores all essential tasks and priorities. Apart from the master planner, you must also have secondary planners. These planners are portable and less flexible. Simple notebooks can be used for this purpose. Time management books stresses on use of secondary planner, so that you don’t have to worry about missing important dates and appointments. You can set reminders in mobile phones and free yourself from all concerns.
Time management books stress on the need to set priorities on the basis of similarity, duration, and date. This is considered to be an effective practice in time management and saves time for more tasks without much preparation. It is important to use weight and judgment in priority versus similarity of the task list.
There must remain a clear demarcation between urgent and important tasks. Important is something that must be done in the near future and urgent is something that needs to be accomplished immediately. Good time management books focus on two important aspects:
- Scheduling low duration items between longer duration items. Alternatively, the low duration items can be scheduled to be accomplished at a later part of the day.
- Larger tasks must be broken down into smaller ones.
Managers have to spend most of their time struggling to make themselves as well as the employees perform tasks that need to be accomplished, rather than performing what they actually wish to. Time management books stress on facilitative leadership approaches and prioritization of essential tasks for effective time management.
Time management strategies must be applied all through the day. You can keep up with workload when you follow such consistent strategies. In case you have to make any changes, you must schedule them in your planners in organized and logical manner.
These are useful tips offered in time management books that can help you to sharpen your organizational skills and make the most of available time at your disposal.
If you are committed to change, you will realize positive effects of time management stated in good time management books in almost no time. Proper planning and protection of time will help you to manage a demanding professional life without much hazard.
Anger is undoubtedly a necessary emotion, but oftentimes we lose control of our anger and let it get the better of us. Every time we do that we let our anger work to our disadvantage. If you are prone to anger and lose your cool at the drop of a hat, you can use Various Anger Management Techniques profitably, and see the difference in attitude. Anger is not the right way you should treat your dear ones or those around you. It can only make things worse. It can be extremely hurtful for the person you’re venting your anger at, snapping ties with them. If you really think you need to do something constructive to control your anger, start now. Start to practice anger management techniques religiously so that they become second nature when really needed. It’s better to take charge of it before it starts to influence your life and decisions.
You must have heard of common anger management techniques, like taking a deep breath and counting to ten. This is one of the most useful and common anger management techniques and you’ve probably heard it lots of times while growing up. You didn’t care for it and think about its effectiveness. Well, think about it now, it really does work. If you can count the numbers to ten slower it will get you better results. The time that you allow yourself will help you to relax a little and turn you to meaningful realisations. Hopefully you’ll realise that whatever that’s happening is not really worth getting all worked up about. Breathing really deeply from the diaphragm is a well known relaxation technique and simple thing to do. You can try some amusing tricks like putting words between each number, ‘one banana, two bananas, three bananas’ and so on, for a little variation of the good old technique.
If it’s possible for you try to completely distance yourself from the situation in your mind. This can be a real booster in anger management strategies. If you think it’s safe to do, close your eyes and imagine yourself in a much happier place, somewhere that makes you feel good and tension free. With this technique create your own little ‘stress free island’ just for that tense moment when you can feel the heat that’s about to blow you up. That helps a good deal relax your mind and reduce the anger welling up inside you. When you successfully control your anger you not only make your life more pleasurable, but let the others around you breathe easy.